I will need pedals for the new bike. So on my Trek I have Mavic Race pedals (similar to these I suppose) and my cycling shoes are Mavic. So I can use my Mavic shoes on both bikes does this mean I have to buy another set of Mavic Race pedals or can I buy another brand?
View 5 Aventador 1080P Black Car Wallpaper Hd
4 years ago
if you buy another brand, say look or shimano, you will need to change the cleats to suit. So if you wanted to use the same shoes for both bikes, but have Shimano on one and Mavic Race on the other, you will need to change the cleats each time you changed bikes. My advise would be to stick with one set of pedals you are comfortable with and not mix and match pedals. each different pedal / cleat type provides a different riding feel as the have different sized impact areas and different float distances. Keeping things consistent will help improve stroke and make you feel more comfortable when riding. That's my opinion anyway.
ReplyDeleteRich thanks very much for this, I really appreciate it. Makes sense the way you have articulated it.
ReplyDelete