Thursday, 18 March 2010

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough

I'm loving reading about Dan Jarman's training camp in the Pyrenees. It's calling me, I need to go, I want to go over there and try some of these climbs now!! Maybe one day soon. Sitting at work today dreaming about all this I had a look at the Pyractif website which is the company he has arranged his camp with. 'Great road climbs of the Pyrenees' is a good table of all the major cols and their relative challenges. I liked the narrative....

Aubisque (West) : "The climbers side. A real tester."
Azet: "A twisting, wriggling, helter-skelter of a climb..."
Crouzette: "Truly nasty"
Hospice de France: "Never heard of it? Ride it and you'll never forget it"
Marie Blanque: "Just keeps getting steeper.... a real toughie"
Tourmalet: "...come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

2 comments:

  1. I loved the blog Andrew I hope you had an amazing time and a great ride, if you are looking for the next challenge check out this ride in Australia www.3peakschallenge.com.au check out this profile http://www.bv.com.au/great-rides/43750/ brutal !!!! got to give it go

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks amazing. There is a whole industry out there setting tougher and tougher challenges for us to do. An Ironman to me seems to be as tough as it gets and then people do doubles and triples...Truly incredible.

    ReplyDelete