Friday, 19 March 2010

17 training weeks until the Etape

Not enough hours out on the road this week. Pressure of work and family naturally makes this a difficult balancing act but as the days lengthen this is going to be an easier problem to solve.
  • Road cycling: 10 hours
  • Gym - Weights/core: 2 hours
  • Gym - Intervals (row/spin bike): 1 hour
The new bike is fully dressed with pedals and bottle cages and I've done the bike fit as recommended by Alec. This means I have actually sat on it for the first time and I am relieved to say it just feels perfect. Paradoxically on the Trek I feel both a tiny bit overstretched and the handlebars are too high. The Focus has a more compact geometry so the reach is spot on even though the seat tube is 2.5cm longer: this feel like a far racier position so I hope it is comfortable for long rides and at the moment all looks promising. Hopefully the weekend will bring some finer weather than today's drizzle and I will give it a test spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment