Sunday, 21 March 2010

BBC Etape 2008

This vid is new to me although it's been around for a while it seems. The first time I've seen footage of the registration day and the start. Also it brings home the brutality of the broom wagon...


3 comments:

  1. This has been doing the rounds for a while, i remember following their blog while they were training. To be honest, this bunch of jokers made me (and many others) furious!! They were blogging that about a month before the event they were struggling to finish a 50mile ride...they obviously never bothered busting a gut in training to get in shape for it. Considering they were getting all their expenses paid for them and getting paid to ride the Etape, while many others paid through the nose for it, you'd like to think they'd out the miles in to prepare for it. It made the BBC look terrible since none of them legitimately finished.
    sorry rant over

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Rich, I just found one of their blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took pictures of these guys a few 100 metres before the cut off - they got there just ahead of Colin (who also didn't do enough training). They must have missed the cut off by about 5-10 minutes. Buying new shoes and kit the day before the event - not wise, but I think we might all be doing some strange things by that time.

    ReplyDelete