Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Cyclefilm recon - The Road to Tourmalet

As mentioned before, there was a delay in dispatching the DVD I pre-ordered. I did watch most of it online but the good news is the actual DVD arrived today. No doubt this will get watched many times between now and July.

*Update: Just watched the first part up Marie-Blanque. Just under 10km climbing but then a 15km descent. Looks absolutely wicked.
** Update: I've seen it all through now and I'm keener on doing this than ever. Not sure I can wait until July though. 20km descent coming off Soulor. Yeah!! Sorry, to brush over the 20km uphill but 20km downhill sounds so cool and a nice reward.

4 comments:

  1. My copy arrived yesterday as well. I'm planning to watch it tonight while I do a little easy spinning on the turbo.

    The editor of Cycling Weekly said a few months ago that the 2010 version of the Etape looks harder than the 2009 course that took in the mighty Ventoux. It will be interesting to see Cyclefilm's take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dan, yes they say something along those lines on the film but from what I understand about Ventoux it was the heat that made it exceptionally tough last year. I've just this minute finished watching the whole thing through, I'm sure you are going to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good DVD. Haven't ordered it yet but very tempted. Is the filming designed to be followed on the turbo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Rob, it's nothing like what I've seen of films like Sufferfest but no reason why you couldn't watch it on the turbo and be inspired.

    ReplyDelete