Sunday, 17 January 2010

My 2010 Training (and racing) calendar

Much to my surprise I found out this morning that I had gained an entry into the Fred Whitton. This leaves me with a challenging May but I figure if I can get through it then I will be in good shape for the Etape.
  • Feb 14: This is the Triathlon, Cycling, Running show in Surrey. I'm delighted that my wife has entered her first triathlon this year so she's keen to go and I have a free entry into the 65 mile sportive around the hilly North Downs.
  • April / Easter holidays: Holiday with the family but we plan to take our bikes and get in some training in France or Spain.
  • May 9: Fred Whitton Challenge. 112 miles in the Lake District. A very challenging event from what I've seen.
  • May 16: Etape du Dales. 112 miles in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. This is the one I am most keen to do as I used to live up that way and as a family we will feel like we are going home.
  • May 23: King of the Downs. A tough 113 miles around Surrey and Kent. There seems to be some confusion around the dates on their website so I hope they are not switching it to clash with the Etape du Dales.
  • July 18: The big one followed by a few days with Le Tour as the pros come through. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Heard the Freds a right brute never done it myself but I have done the Lakeland Loop (a mini Fred of sorts).

    Hardknott Pass the only hill I have had to get off on and walk! It is on my list todo someday...someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a colleague who knows that area well was describing it to me today. I think this is one that I will just be happy to finish rather than set any targets. Walking up Hardknott in my socks could be a possibility.

    ReplyDelete