So out early this morning in the cold and rain. Sorry for whining like the soft, southern, shandy drinking, s**te that I am but I am totally sick of this weather. Drenched again this morning and it isn't much fun.
- Run: 5.2 miles (8.4km). Some nasty hills which are tougher running than on the bike
- Cycle: 45 minutes of hilly intervals on the fixed gear. Great to get out on it again.
Now I am going to have a very naughty fry-up and put my feet up for the rest of the day.
Hey Andrew, you should consider giving it a try if you're strong in both disciplines. I've a friend who's an excellent duathlete who'll hopefully be representing GB soon. Unfortunately i can't get into running at all so i'm resigned to a life in the saddle!
ReplyDeleteHi Rich, to be honest I wouldn't describe myself as strong in either but in a way that's the challenge. I'm a pretty rubbish runner but that's what makes me do it really. Representing GB? That's pretty amazing I think.
ReplyDeleteIt is not fun when your out in thoes conditions for sure.
ReplyDeleteNot a lot we can do is there? Well ok maybe a 3hr spinervals session on the turbo but after 1hr30 you can lose all will to live. Ive done it and just remained sane.
Check this out if the weather is bad folks :)
http://www.spinervals.com/products/item11.cfm
Well done for getting out Andrew, I know it has to be done.