This morning I got up and had guilt because I wouldn't be able to do any training. So I convinced my wife that we could go out for a quick run and still have time to drive over to the TCR show. The weather was absolutely dreadful: raining heavily and quite cold and to make things worse I got us a bit lost resulting in running along a boggy muddy trail, slowing us down and adding distance we didn't want to do. So by the time we got back I wasn't Mr Popular and time had run out.
Despite all this I changed into my cycling gear, downed a protein shake and a banana and within 10 minutes I was on the bike. The rain had more or less stopped but conditions were filthy and by the time I got back I (and bike) looked like I'd been doing cyclo-cross. All in all though a good days training but I am disappointed about missing the show:
- Run: 7 miles (11.4 km to be exact)
- Cycle: 51 km (HR avg 151bpm max 170bpm; elevation 538m with one section between 8% and 20% gradient)
Had a problem with the gears. The chain was slipping in 2 cogs making them unusable which was a real pain. I'm not sure how easy that is to fix but I would like to avoid being without the bike right now.
Sure, the time it takes to get all kitted up and the bike and food/drink sorted you may have well not bothered. And ofcourse the time it will take to clean that bike!
ReplyDeleteIt is all worth it I think? Do you have a turbo?
No it wasn't too bad really - over 3 hours training in total. I haven't got a turbo. I quite like the idea of rollers though and might invest.
ReplyDeleteYeah sorry misread the cycle info. Good effort Andrew.
ReplyDeleteNever used rollers myself I heard they develop good pedal and handling skills.
Alec
I watched some videos after I added that comment and it looks quite a tricky skill to master. I will need to find a doorway to wedge myself inbetween.
ReplyDelete