I've added a couple of new events to my 2010 calendar. They are post Etape but I want to add them here so I can include them in my training log.
I can only really explain booking these new events today by the sudden fear that I would do the Etape and then slump into some kind of low or malaise after all the build up and training. I don't know if any former Etappers can identify with this but there is the danger this is a peculiarity that is unique to me :-)So September 12th is the London Duathlon. Yep, I flirted with the idea and I've gone for it. I managed to convince my long suffering wife to do it too, one month after her first triathlon, and she agreed on the proviso that I do a half-marathon with her. So on September 26th I will do a half in London. What she doesn't know (unless she reads this blog) is that I've entered myself in the ultra distance duathlon which is a 20/80/10 event.
The priority this year is the Etape but as that is in July, and I like to include a little bit of running in my training anyway, I figure that I will be able to prepare for these new events without too much impact on my cycling.
Not unique to you at all. All sportsmen and women (if we can call ourselves such) suffer the same. Bradley Wiggins went awol (on beer) for several months post Athens, Rebecca Romero and Victoria Pendleton had motivational problems. I felt so "was that it?" after the Etape I contemplated selling my bike.
ReplyDeleteWhy not go the whole hog and put in a few swims so you can join the wife in the triathlon too??
ReplyDeleteJust found out about you doing the ulta distance. Wait till you get home! X
ReplyDelete@datameister True what you say re Wiggins I remember reading that. Thanks for the reassurance that I hadn't gone a bit gaga.
ReplyDelete@rob Maybe next year who knows. Watch out for the Crawl2Tri blog as I take lessons in how to progress from my weedy breast-stroke to the front-crawl.
@anonymous Eek. Rumbled.