I have no idea how easy it will be to get a viewing point up one of the mountains during a stage but I will give it a damn good try.
He can't win unless Contador gets injured but another podium finish will be an amazing result I think.
Etape du tour 2010 - My training log
You should be fine for viewpoints during the stages Andrew.
ReplyDeleteLast year i spectated on Ventoux along with 1/2 a million other people.
Kipped in the car at the foot of the mountain (as near as i could get arriving the afternoon before!) and then walked up the road right to the top of the mountain. It was rammed with people but no problem viewing.
My advice is to take your bike. I didnt have one with me and it was quite disheartening walking 22km back down the mountain to my car as mopst people freewheeled down on their bikes!
An incredible day though, unlike any other sporting occasion i have ever seen
That's a good tip thanks for that zugz. I was definitely considering taking the bike because we're not going to get anywhere close in the car unless you are there the week before.
ReplyDelete