Saturday, 12 June 2010

Etape countdown...5 weeks to go

I was so tired and low last week. Work was rubbish, home life was intense, I was dieting and not sleeping much. If J-Lo had called me up and said, "Hey Andrew, I'm in town. C'mon out - we'll have dinner, go to a club and then we'll make made passionate love all night", I'd have to say - sorry luv but you'll have to find someone else cos I'm knackered. Yep, it was that bad.

And then Friday came. The only reason I didn't have a duvet day was that I wanted to ride my bike. I rode into work with very tired legs, shouted like a madman at some dopey motorists and then sat at my desk mucking about with stuff trying to look busy. I went off to the gym at about 11.30 and did Sufferfest Fight Club. What a sweaty mess I was (must have looked horrific to the lunchtime cardio bunnies) but came out pleased that I had managed to do the full thing. I then went to a meeting and was superbly arsey. Nobody punched me or anything. In the afternoon I was asked to take on a new project and it's quite high profile for them so I was chuffed they trusted me with it despite my crap attitude and I thought I should be grateful that so many people are struggling to find work and I'm doing okay for now. I worked late and then rode home quite strongly. Had 2 incidents within a mile of work: a motorcyclist just did a sudden u-turn right across me and then a van overtook me, pulled in front and slammed his brakes on to turn left. Oh man, did I give these two some stick. When I got home I immediately stepped on the scales. 82.9kg!!

Suddenly life didn't seem so bad. My 82kg target is close and I might be able to exceed it. Could 80kg be a possibility? I have been super disciplined this week with weighing and calculating my food intake and capturing in my home made Excel food diary. I said in post last week that I would aim for 3000 calories per day but check this chart out. I didn't get to 2000 calories in a
day. I did get the nutrient ratios wrong but I will do better on that next week.

Training wise I was disappointed not to spend longer on the bike, and again, I will put this right next week. I do feel that I could do with one more sportive before the Etape and I am looking at opportunities to fit one in.



Sunday: 2 hour ride (50km) including hill repeats
Monday: 43km commute ride, 1 hour on spin bike (intervals 12 mins, 10, 8, 6)
Tuesday: 43km commute ride, 1 hour gym of rowing and core work
Wednesday: 1 hour of rowing/bike/rowing/bike/rowing trying to keep HR at 80% of max
Thursday: 10km run, 30 minutes of kettlebells and core
Friday: 43km commute ride, Sufferfest Fight Club

No comments:

Post a Comment