Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Skinny envy

This week I am mostly obsessing about dieting.

There was a story on the Cycling Weekly website this afternoon which now seems to have been removed but I captured the following quote re Wiggins:

"Ellingworth said that Wiggins rode the Giro weighing 74 kilograms and stayed at that weight. Now he will lose the last two kilos and aims to start the Tour at his ideal race weight - 72kg."

72kg - he's 6'3 (1.9m)! That will make him a 2.1 on the Friel scale which isn't bad. I still don't think he will beat his 4th place in the TdF from last year though.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the diet obsession at the moment Andrew. Starving!
    72kg for Wiggins, thats practically transparent! He's the same height as me but 23kg lighter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know - I had dinner which was all very sensible and then I had to top up with a bowl of bran with some added raisins. I think I've finished eating for the evening so it's been another good day diet wise. Got to stick in there. Ran out of steam a bit coming home tonight though. It's amazing isn't it about Wiggins. I saw him up close when I did the Team Sky ride and I would have said he looked lean but I would never have guessed he would have been anything like 74kg - OK maybe that was January so it was off season so he might have been heavier but even so it's still impressive. He ditched the beers that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm the same height a Wiggo too, and fluctuate between 76-77kg which should be my etape weight and 7kg lighter than in Jan. Contemplating losing another 4-5kg is pretty absurd. Boonen is 6ft3 too but weighs in at 83kg. pretty amazing to think when they hit the mountains in the tour the two will be the same height but Wiggo 11kg lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wiggo reckons when your rib cage shows clearly then you're at the right weight. The Boonen stat should cheer me up yet I'm a short arse at just 5'11 compare to him. Oh well, another day of the starvation diet!

    ReplyDelete