Well I did do some training: 4 gym sessions of weights, rowing and spin bike plus 2 runs of just 5km each. But, I have eaten a diet of seafood, fried fish, the finest fatty Iberico ham all washed down with beers and wine and ohhhh the ice cream. Also, I now have a Haribo habit which I need to kick pdq.
As much as I enjoyed the holiday, I did not like the indiscipline and I am delighted to say that there are no 'planned' distractions between now and July 18.
Well I hope everyone's training has been going well. I will catch up on all the blogs and I have loads more to talk about. Fingers crossed Rich & Rob are on the mend - we've got to have all the bloggers and commenters up in those mountains on the big day. Ambitions have to be realised and selfishly it will be a huge boost to me to know you are all out there.
hey Andrew, thanks for the kind words. Shoulder is getting there and been back on the turbo the last few days. train hard and stay safe!
ReplyDeleteWilling you on Rich! This all adds to your Etape story. You get to the top of that Tourmalet after what has happened and nothing will phase you in the future.
ReplyDeleteglad you're back - I was wondering where you had gone. Have you got a number yet?
ReplyDelete6 weeks - bloody hell. It's not long is it?
I also want to lose a few more kg before the day - 2 would be great. And yet it is really hard isn't it? I think I'm going to have to knock the booze on the head after next week.
Happy training :-)
Hey Karen, yeah I felt a bit out of it not blogging or staying in the mix at least. I can't believe how quickly it has come around. I keep checking for my number but nothing. I did get an email from Cyclomundo saying that the numbers for their clients were being allocated so maybe it won't be too long now. Must get to grips with my diet and agreed I might need to slow down on the vino for a while !!!
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope to be joining you in the mountains. Things are definitely improving (with the help of Ibuprofen!) so I'm hopeful again. I've had the same mail from Cyclomundo but haven't got my number yet. Getting impatient now!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the run in.