Hey Simon - not so much of the 'sweet'! I want to believe that someone like Lance exists. Someone who was a gifted athlete, was struck down at a young age with an illness that probably should have killed him and then fought back to win 7 back to back titles in one of the toughest endurance [and tactical] challenges there is.
Has he made mistakes? Yep. He's human after all. Did he take drugs to give himself an advantage over his competitors who were clean? I don't know. All the time I don't know then I am willing to believe and want to believe that a Lance exists in my time. If it is proven without doubt that he was doping and lied then I would have to reassess my opinion. Until then...
Sweet but naive
ReplyDeleteSimon
Hey Simon - not so much of the 'sweet'! I want to believe that someone like Lance exists. Someone who was a gifted athlete, was struck down at a young age with an illness that probably should have killed him and then fought back to win 7 back to back titles in one of the toughest endurance [and tactical] challenges there is.
ReplyDeleteHas he made mistakes? Yep. He's human after all. Did he take drugs to give himself an advantage over his competitors who were clean? I don't know. All the time I don't know then I am willing to believe and want to believe that a Lance exists in my time. If it is proven without doubt that he was doping and lied then I would have to reassess my opinion. Until then...
I bet you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well
ReplyDeleteSimon
Simon you come across as a bit of a as we would say up here a "Zoomer"!
ReplyDeleteYeah Lance is human, I believe also in what he does.
High five Alec
ReplyDeleteFanboys of the world unite
ReplyDeleteBest wishes in your ride boys