So the simple plan for the next 4 is:
- Ride the bike as often as possible trying to fit in at least 2 hilly rides of 5 hours+
- Do 2 interval sessions a week probably on the spin bike. This will be one 2x20 session and one Sufferfest or similar
- Do 2 core dominant workouts most likely with the kettlebell
- Do one 10-12km run a week
- Nail my diet (more on that to come!)
I will keep the running going even though this is the area where I am most likely to pick up an injury. Okay, the distance isn't that great but on injury risk I was interested to read in Runner's World about the 'ultra-shuffle'. This is an economical running style used by ultra marathon runners and involves keeping the arms around waist height and every step "as low to the ground as conditions allow". The attraction is this minimises impact injuries. I'm sure I'll get some funny looks but I will give it a go.
No comments:
Post a Comment