Friday, 18 June 2010

Joe Hall @ Rapha

Dear Joe,

Ouch. Sorry. I shouldn't have said anything that might have labelled one individual. Last night you came across as a top bloke who was passionate about his subject: you were let down though and shouldn't feel that I was laying the blame entirely at your feet.

Giving a presentation is extraordinarily difficult and all credit to you for giving it a go. I wanted to hear what you had to say but it was impossible.

I have connected with a small group of people through setting up this blog and to be honest I've always thought that it is only them that are reading it. I didn't intend to attack Rapha per se so I've learned from this to be careful what you say on the interweb. You never know who is reading.

I can't take you up on your offer but the gesture is very much appreciated. I threatened a while back to wear Rapha on the Etape as I wanted to look my best for the big day. I'm going to make sure I do that as a way of saying thanks for leaving your comment.

All the best,
Andrew

2 comments:

  1. Hats off to both of you. Andrew for your gracious open letter. Joe for holding your hands up and writing on Andrew's blog - that takes some balls.
    I read the morning's post with some angst and feel happy again. Or is that the pimms talking?
    ahhhhhhhh
    good luck to us all on the Etape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say if your not happy with a service/product you have the right to say. The fact that you are not alone in your view of the event says it all.

    Perhaps my own comments were not the well placed in the other blog considering I was not at the event. I am not anti Rapha myself I just dont like folk getting ripped off.

    BTW after loseing 6 pounds I can now put on my race fit Rapha blue top without my belly showing. It feels great and as long as my belly stays flat the top will stay on.

    However it is the Scotland top for the Etape...it just has to be :)

    ReplyDelete