Sunday, 2 May 2010

Post sportive munchies

La Sufrida (The Suffering) is the great name of a cycling club down in Andalucia. I thought they had chosen the name as a warning to any potential members or opponents that they were pretty hardcore: Club motto - 'Train hard, race hard, sleep the siesta'. Okay, I made that bit up but it was only when I looked at the English information on their forthcoming 196km sportive that I discovered the real reason.

The following translations made me giggle:

The sportive's objective:
"To give to know Ronda's SerranĂ­a like relating of tourist and sport destination."

In the 'itineraries' and 'modalities':
"They are marches cyclists of free speed and the traffic of cars is ALWAYS opened."

Trophies:
"In total they will surrender 69 Trophies, he/she doesn't surrender MONEY"

And then they let slip what they are getting out of organising this event.

Goal:
"Eat final sportsmen"

I know things are tough in Spain at the moment but honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment