Saturday, 24 April 2010

Now that's what you call a goodie bag

I've done a few little running events, usually 5k and 10k and I quite like the excitement of seeing what's in the goodie bag. It did annoy me a little bit when I did the Sport Relief run recently that even that warranted a carrier bag filled with the usual give aways like cereal bars and tea bags. Instead of taking the chance to promote their goods why didn't those companies forego that opportunity and donate the costs incurred instead?

Anyway, I've just found the best goodie bag in the world. Run the La Rioja half-marathon in Northern Spain, and for 12 euros you'll receive: a commemorative t-shirt from the race and...wait for it...2 bottles of red wine (and Crianza at that)!

4 comments:

  1. hi Andrew, you should come out for the early Saturday Dulwich group ride. we leave at 815/830 and do 75-100km at about 25kph. its a good group and a few others doing the etape and other continental sportives turn up.

    I am doing a Burgess Hill srs event this long sunday (200km!).. entries are still open and a couple of other DP riders will be there. come down for a ride and general etape discussions if you are free.

    mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mick - is that the Daddies ride? Sounds like I should come along, thanks. I'll have a look at the Burgess Hill one - not sure I can get there on Sunday but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres the Daddies, but there is the DPNC (Duliwch Paragon Non Columbian) group which is aimed at those doing long distance sportives (read=Etape). Its a good group and far less congested than the 915AM dash around the lanes. Really good mix of terrain too with plenty of hills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK cheers sounds perfect. If it's on this Sat pls could you let me know the meeting point.

    ReplyDelete