I can't believe how many cyclists were out today. I saw group after group and the bike candy is awesome. I headed out to take in a coastal route but I never really got that close to the sea. It was quite ugly really but I enjoyed the challenge of trying to reel-in the countless groups I saw out on the road. I got bored of the long roads and headed inland which was stunning. Quiet roads, perfectly surfaced - cycling perfection. I found my way to a place called Inca which I had read about but when I got there it was choked with traffic so I didn't stop. I should really have grabbed a snack because I had already eaten the one gel I had with me. The route back to the villa was pretty grim as it ran alongside the island's central motorway. I didn't like this bit and I felt quite tired and under-fuelled.
The one lesson learned was - don't cycle with your mouth open. I saw a fly coming towards me and the next second it hit the back of my throat and despite all my efforts to cough it out I just ended up burping uncontrollably for 5 minutes. When I got back to the villa I made sure the little bugger was dead by drowning it in a few glasses of Rioja.
So 3 hours 22 mins of riding today on a flattish 86km. I see my avg speed was just over 25km/h and with better fuelling I should have been over that given the route. Check it out:
No comments:
Post a Comment