Saturday, 3 July 2010

*Prologue spoiler warning* Bring on the Tour!

Zugz said it in the comments and yes, at last, as I type the intro music on the ITV4 coverage has just played. The Match of the Day theme used to get me like that when I was a kid.

Bring it on! I absolutely love the Tour and want to absorb every second of this year's. Can't believe they didn't show Wiggins run live though although I suppose he did catch them out with the early start time.

*Stop reading if you've recorded the prologue and don't want it ruined by my enthusiasm. Just a fantastic moment to see Cancellara, Armstrong and Contador out on the course at the same time. OK, when Armstrong went through the half-way checkpoint I cheered so loudly that my son said, "calm down, you'll be getting pom poms next". It's early, I'm under no illusions that Alberto is still THE man but Lance laid down a great marker today. Top ride by another favourite of mine David Millar. Wiggins - please stop saying "it doesn't matter". Of course it does. But all hail Spartacus! What a powerhouse. I'm sick to death of people's eagerness to slag off these athletes. Motor doping my arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment