I had an email tonight from ASO asking for a survey to be completed about a new sportive they are planning. Anyone who has done the Etape this year will probably get the same. I was a bit slow to realise at first but amazed when I saw they are planning to do Paris-Roubaix and using the survey responses to shape the event.
Looks interesting Andrew, must admit i skipped over the mail they sent me. I've already looked at the Flanders Sportive around similar time but this could be one to watch.....
So how's your post Etape comedown?! The Etape was such an atmospheric challenge "normal life" was a real drag for a week or so despite the small matter of Ironman UK 2 weeks later to soften the blow for me! I got round btw in 15 hours or so, but was really tired and under the weather and found it difficult to get my brain in gear for another big effort so soon, glad i did it though!
Just starting to hunt around for some more events to put on the distant horizon. I'm looking forward to being faster and fitter next year but i think i'll struggle to replicate the sheer buzz of throwing myself in at the deep end that will be the abiding memory of this years activity! All suggestions gratefully received!
Hello mate! Great to hear some news from you and I wondered how your Ironman went. Mere congratulations just seem a bit trivial really - I mean what can you say when someone does that? 15 hours seems to me pretty good going but it must have been bloody hard work. Are you getting the Mdot tattoo now?
Well I'm still training but my attention has drifted to running because I have the London Duathlon 'Ultra' in a few weeks. I do like in the in at the deep end thing too - it's a bit addictive I think and my mind has wandered to next year. I almost feel I have to have an event to train for or all training seems a bit meaningless. Watch this space (or another blog) for the next adventure. I do fancy this Paris-Roubaix if I can get a place and watching my wife complete her first tri at the weekend was quite inspirational so once I learn to swim properly then you never what's next.
Take care of yourself and any more thoughts on that Ironman experience I'd really like to hear. Just waiting for Rob's report on his Outlaw too.
Great to hear you adding some running to the biking and going for the Duathlon!
Get your swimming sorted too and enter Ironman, can heartily recommend it as a challenge! Must admit though the Etape won hands down for atmosphere and enjoyment for me - although maybe thats a reflection of my state of mind on the day. Its great seeing peoples faces though when you tell them what Ironman involved - i am now officially insane in many of my work colleagues minds!
Swimming lessons in October and then a tri or 2 next year. It was sobering seeing my wife, who is a very strong swimmer, struggle with the conditions at her first tri. She finished and said "I'm never doing a triathlon again - the swim was horrid" and now she's already looking for her next triathlon. Weird isn't it how soon the negatives pass.
Looks interesting Andrew, must admit i skipped over the mail they sent me. I've already looked at the Flanders Sportive around similar time but this could be one to watch.....
ReplyDeleteSo how's your post Etape comedown?! The Etape was such an atmospheric challenge "normal life" was a real drag for a week or so despite the small matter of Ironman UK 2 weeks later to soften the blow for me!
I got round btw in 15 hours or so, but was really tired and under the weather and found it difficult to get my brain in gear for another big effort so soon, glad i did it though!
Just starting to hunt around for some more events to put on the distant horizon. I'm looking forward to being faster and fitter next year but i think i'll struggle to replicate the sheer buzz of throwing myself in at the deep end that will be the abiding memory of this years activity! All suggestions gratefully received!
Hello mate! Great to hear some news from you and I wondered how your Ironman went. Mere congratulations just seem a bit trivial really - I mean what can you say when someone does that? 15 hours seems to me pretty good going but it must have been bloody hard work. Are you getting the Mdot tattoo now?
ReplyDeleteWell I'm still training but my attention has drifted to running because I have the London Duathlon 'Ultra' in a few weeks. I do like in the in at the deep end thing too - it's a bit addictive I think and my mind has wandered to next year. I almost feel I have to have an event to train for or all training seems a bit meaningless. Watch this space (or another blog) for the next adventure. I do fancy this Paris-Roubaix if I can get a place and watching my wife complete her first tri at the weekend was quite inspirational so once I learn to swim properly then you never what's next.
Take care of yourself and any more thoughts on that Ironman experience I'd really like to hear. Just waiting for Rob's report on his Outlaw too.
Great to hear you adding some running to the biking and going for the Duathlon!
ReplyDeleteGet your swimming sorted too and enter Ironman, can heartily recommend it as a challenge! Must admit though the Etape won hands down for atmosphere and enjoyment for me - although maybe thats a reflection of my state of mind on the day. Its great seeing peoples faces though when you tell them what Ironman involved - i am now officially insane in many of my work colleagues minds!
Swimming lessons in October and then a tri or 2 next year. It was sobering seeing my wife, who is a very strong swimmer, struggle with the conditions at her first tri. She finished and said "I'm never doing a triathlon again - the swim was horrid" and now she's already looking for her next triathlon. Weird isn't it how soon the negatives pass.
ReplyDelete